John Quigley’s Hot smoked salmon, ruby grapefruit, shaved fennel, pistachio and watercress salad with minty crème fraiche and Bramble Vinegar dressing.
- 1 Ruby grapefruit segmented
- 1 small fennel bulb very finely sliced
- A handful of watercress or rocket
- 300g hot smoked salmon flaked into bite size pieces
- A small handful chopped pistacchios
- 6 tbsp crème fraiche
- 4 tsp Bramble Vinegar
- 1 tbsp mint sauce
Combine the crème fraiche, bramble vinegar and mint sauce in bowl and mix together, ideally to the consistency of single cream, if not add a little water. Divide and arrange the grapefruit, fennel, watercress and salmon between 4 plates, drizzle over the dressing and sprinkle on pistachios.
John Quigley is Chef and patron of the well respected Red Onion Restaurant in Glasgow and is always welcome at Demijohn!