Your Basket is Empty
How it Works
We have created a shopping experience at Demijohn that reflects my memory of the Italian Cantina in the early 1990's. We allow you to try something completely original and delicious in an extremely fun way. Shopping in one of our shops or online is not only equally as fun, as a result of our low impact retail policies of ethical sourcing and re-use of materials it is kind on the environment too.
Choose your Product
When you visit our shops you will not only be encouraged to taste what we are selling, but we will attempt to unlock the secrets about our products. Our team of passionate Staff are so enthusiastic and friendly, you will feel as though you are being entertained at a private residence. Online, while a little less personal, our detailed tasting notes will help convey a products unique quality and story.
Choose your Bottle
After choosing a product we then individually bottle your choice from our distinctive glass demijohns into our selection of attractive Italian glass bottles. The only slight difference from my heady student days in the Cantina is that because UK law dictates, you must first purchase one of our bottles. We cannot fill one of your jerrycans in the shop, sorry!
Add a Handwritten Message
With your filled bottle in hand, we not only hand write the product label on the bottle but can also add free personal message if you wish. Please note the bottle label and message is designed to be temporary only and can be removed if the bottle is returned to be refilled.
Return your Bottles to Refill
Those lucky enough to own a Demijohn bottle are encouraged to return to our shops and smaller concession stores, and have their bottles refilled for the cost of the refill only. This is not only cost effective for you, as you will save about £3 to £4 on average per bottle being refilled. Most importantly reusing your bottle is very good for the environment.
Mail Order Refill Service
If you are further a field simply post your bottle(s) back to us. Refilling using our new mail order refill service has become very popular as it makes great sense, especially if you have 3 or more empty Demijohn bottles to refill. Remember your will save £3 to £4 per bottles by refilling so this is very good way to both save money and help the environment.
Our Top Tips on how to refill by mail order:
- Wash you bottles and corks thoroughly prior to packing please. Leave empty bottles uncorked.
- Pack your bottles in a way to ensure your glass bottles cannot touch each other in transit.
- Include a contact telephone number, email address and return address so we can make contact with you.
- Include a brief note of what you would like your bottle(s) refilled with, along with any handwritten bottles messages.
- When ready, you should send your bottles to the following address:
Demijohn, Mail Order Dept., Glenlair House, Knockvennie, Castle Douglas, DG7 3DF.
- We recommend that you send using the Post Office Royal Mail small parcel economy service (approximately £3 to £6 depending on weight).
- Once dispatched please send us an email, if possible, to alert us to look out for your bottles.
- Once we receive your bottles, we will then make contact with you to confirm your order and take payment over the telephone. An order confirmation invoice will be sent by email and payment receipts will be included with the refilled bottles.
We are here to help, so if you have questions about refilling please feel free to contact us.
Learn more about our zero waste and ethical sourcing policies.