Your Basket is Empty
Terms and Conditions
Mail Order and Packing
Demijohn is able to deliver easily and safely to almost anywhere in the world. After over 8 years of experience, we have got rather good at it! When you checkout your delivery charge will be calculated automatically. You will also be offered a number of different delivery options, including being able to collect your order for Free from one of our shops or finding out how much more you need to spend until you qualify for a Free Delivery for example.
- International Delivery Our website is designed to process our popular international deliver zones and your price is based on the total packed weight of your order. The heavier your order the greater the delivery charge. However, please be aware larger orders are proportionally cheaper to send. If you are unable to complete an order online, it does not mean we do not wish to ship to you. So please contact us with your order request and we will provide you with a full quote of charges and conditions for you to consider.
- In Store Collections If collecting your order from one of our shops, please allow 5 working days before visiting to collect or contact us to arrange a faster processing time. Delivery Charges Unlike a lot of mail order companies, Demijohn only ever charges cost price for its Standard Delivery Service. So rest assured you are getting good value. Please note, our Free Delivery offer only applies to our Standard UK Delivery Service.
- Speed of Delivery Standard deliveries within mainland UK will normally arrive within 4-5 working days. If you choose "Express" delivery we will push your order to the front of the queue and do everything possible to get it to you within 2-3 working days. Please note "Express" delivery is only available for UK Mainland delivery addresses. Even faster delivery times are often possible if required, for example to meet a particular deadline. In order to help us meet your deadline please write any delivery deadline details in the Special Delivery Instructions field when you checkout.
- What happens if my order does not arrive on time? Sadly delivery times cannot be guaranteed, although we will always do everything in our power to try and make your chosen delivery date and time. If you require a faster delivery service than offered online then please contact us to make a special arrangement quoting your order number. Please be aware that an additional charge may apply for non standard delivery times.
- Returns and Refunds We are extremely careful about how we pack all parcels to ensure they arrive with you in perfect condition. However, sometime our couriers are not as careful as they should be and your order may unfortunately arrive damaged on arrival. Occasionally we may make a mistake ourselves while processing your order, for this we are sorry, we are only human! If you are unhappy in anyway with your order on arrival please contact us immediately and we will do everything we can to put it right as soon as possible. To help us help you, please ensure you retain the product as evidence of damage and any associated packaging. If you wish to return a purchase that is not faulty in anyway and is still in its original purchase condition, we will happily refund your money or exchange this product if you inform us within 7 days following the delivery of your goods. In this event, the products must be returned to us in good condition. We will make reimbursements within 30 days of cancellation. Any product returned must be within its original packaging. Unfortunately we cannot pay for the delivery charge of unwanted products. If, however, any products that we send to you are faulty or damaged we will replace them or reimburse you for the expense, including the cost of delivery, if you prefer. If products are faulty or damaged, we require that you tell us within a reasonable time of receipt of the products. All refunds and reimbursements will be paid within 30 days of your notifying us of your wish to return the products. Any product returned must be adequately packed to avoid any possible damage.
Disclaimer of Liability
In no event shall Demijohn be liable for special, indirect, exemplary, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to, loss of use, data, or profits, without regard to the form of any action, including but not limited to contract, negligence, or other tortuous actions, all arising out of or in connection with the use, copying, or display of the Contents of this Site. In an effort to provide our customers with the most current information, Demijohn will, from time to time, make changes in the Contents and in the products or services described on this Site.
Site Contents, Ownership and Use Restrictions
The information contained in this Site including all images, illustrations, designs, photographs, writings and other materials that appear herein are copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property owned, controlled, or licensed (all of which, collectively, are herein referred to as the "Contents") by Demijohn. The name Demijohn and the Demijohn logo are registered trademarks of Demijohn Ltd. Permission is granted to display, copy, distribute, download, and print in hard copy portions of this Site for the purposes of placing an order with Demijohn or using this Site as a shopping resource provided you do not modify the Site and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Contents.
Except in connection with shopping or placing an order, none of the Contents may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted electronically or mechanically, transmitted, recorded, in any manner mirrored, photocopied, or reproduced without the prior written permission of Demijohn. Please note that the permission granted herein terminates automatically if you breach any of these Site terms or conditions. Any other use of the Contents on this Site including reproduction for purposes other than as noted above, and including any reproduction, modification, distribution, or republication may violate copyright or trademark laws, and, without the prior written permission of Demijohn, is strictly prohibited.
Alcohol and the Law – Licensing (Scotland) Act 1976 & 2005 (as amended)
It is an offence under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 1976 & 2005 to sell or deliver alcohol to any person under 18 years of age. We therefore do not wish to sell alcohol to any person who is under the age of 18 years of age. By placing an order on this site you confirm that you and the receiver of any alcohol sold by us are of at least a legal age to purchase alcohol.
Competitions - Standard Terms & Conditions
Competition details form part of these terms and conditions. Entry is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland except employees (and their families) of Demijohn Ltd, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions. The winner(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post. The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Winners are responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to availability and Demijohn's terms and conditions. Demijohn reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
The winner agrees to the use of his or her name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Demijohn relating to any post-winning publicity. The winners will be chosen from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material. Winners will be confirmed in writing. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, Demijohn reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time. If, at any point, between the winner being announced and the prize being claimed or booked, Demijohn should cease to continue business, Demijohn Ltd has the right to withdraw the prize without offering any alternative.
If you have any questions regarding our Terms and Conditions or any other information on this website please contact us.
Head Office Address
"Demijohn" is the trading name of Demijohn Ltd. Registered in Scotland at Glenlair, Knockvennie, Castle Douglas, DG7 3DF. Registration Number: SC266892.